Grades_Global__logo final 3png

USA Study Visa

USA Study Visa - F1 Visa

International students can gain significant strategic advantages by attending college in the United States, whether at the graduate or undergraduate level. However, studying in the United States necessitates more than simply making the decision to do so: there is a procedure to follow. Applying for a student visa, which will allow you to study in the United States, is one of the most important—and frequently intimidating—parts of that process.

Are you thinking about getting your degree from a college or university in the United States? Below, we look at the various types of student visas available to you, detail the essential procedures involved in applying for a student visa, and provide some helpful hints to make the process go more smoothly.

How to Choose the Best Student Visa for You?

If you want to study in the United States as an international student, you’ll need to apply for and obtain a student visa. You are permitted to temporarily remain in the United States in order to complete your study if you obtain a student visa.

According to the US Department of State, international students can apply for three different types of student visas, each of which is better suited to various circumstances: The F-1, M-1, and J-1 visas are the three types of visas available.

Visa type F-1

Most international students will need to obtain an F-1 visa in order to attend high school or college in the United States. This applies to both graduate and undergraduate degrees and includes language training programmes. This is the visa for you if you want to get a degree from a U.S. college.

Visa type M-1

For international students attending a vocational or other nonacademic institution, such as a trade school, the M-1 visa is necessary. These programmes are usually career-oriented and short-term in nature.

Visa J-1

Any overseas student who desires to enter the United States to engage in an exchange visitor programme, such as spending a semester studying abroad or interning in the United States, must get a J-1 visa. This is the visa to apply for if you intend to study in the United States for a semester or two.

The procedure for obtaining a student visa in the United States

  1. Apply to an American university and be accepted

To apply for a student visa in the United States, you must first apply to and be accepted by a college or institution in the United States.

This implies that as soon as you decide you want to study in the United States, you should start looking into institutions to discover the one that best fits your personal and professional aspirations. We usually recommend a programme with industry-sourced instructors, tough academics, and plenty of experiential learning opportunities like co-ops and internships.

  1. Ask your college or university for a Form I-20

International students seeking an F-1 visa will receive a Certificate of Eligibility for Non immigrant Student Status from their university once they have been accepted.

Your designated school official will sign this form, and you must also sign it. For students under the age of 18, a parent signature is required. If you intend to bring any qualifying dependents with you during your academic studies, you must also obtain a Form I-20 for each of them.

  1. Pay the SEVIS fee (Form I-901)

You will need the following information to pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee, so be sure to obtain all relevant forms before starting the process:

  1. Your full name, address, and birth date.
  2. Your official email address.
  3. Your birth country and your citizenship country (if different).
  4. The school code that appears on your I-20 form.
  5. On the Form I-20, the SEVIS Identification number.
  1. Locate the nearest United States Embassy or Consulate

You can start preparing for your visa interview once you’ve paid the I-901 SEVIS Fee. Because this interview must take place at a U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country, you should begin by determining which location is the most convenient for you.

  1. Fill out the DS-160 Visa Application Form

The Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form, also known as Form DS-160, is something you must fill out in order to apply for a student visa. This form’s responses must be written in English.

  1. Make an appointment for a visa interview at the consulate or embassy of your choice

Following the completion of Form DS-160, you should contact the U.S. embassy or consulate listed on the form to organise your visa interview. Because wait durations vary greatly from nation to country and from embassy to embassy, it’s critical to get in touch with them as soon as possible to ensure that you’ll be seen.

  1. Show up for the interview

The visa interview is the final and most crucial procedural stage in the process of acquiring your student visa. Bring any documents or documentation that may be requested to the interview, including your:

  1. Get a passport.
  2. A photo for the visa.
  3. DS-160 barcode page printed
  4. Confirmation page for I-901 SEVIS fee.
  5. Confirmation page for visa application fee payment.
  6. I-20 form
  1. Pay the visa application fee

You may be needed to pay an issue fee in order to acquire your visa, depending on your country and the reciprocity agreement it has with the United States. If a fee is charged, it will differ per country.

Need Consultation?

Top Rated By Customers and Immigration Firms With 100% Success Rate.