Grades_Global__logo final 3png

Canada Student Permit Visa

Student Permit Visa

A study permit is the most critical piece of paper you’ll need before you arrive in Canada as an international student.

What you need to know is as follows:

  • International students seeking to travel to Canada should examine Canada’s Travel requirements and restrictions for international students on a frequent basis because to the global pandemic of COVID-19.
  • This webpage is updated on a regular basis by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in collaboration with provincial, territorial, and other federal partners. A letter of acceptance from a Canadian school, university, or college is required before you can apply for a study permit.
  • This means you must locate a school or programme, apply for your desired program(s), and acquire an acceptance letter from a Canadian school, college, or university.

What is the procedure for obtaining a study permit?

You must have the following items before applying for a study permit:

  • A letter of acceptance from a recognised educational institution is required (DLI)
  • A passport or other travel document that is valid.

A designated learning institution is a school that has been approved by the government of a province or territory to accept overseas students. In Canada, all elementary and secondary schools are designated learning institutions.

If you intend to attend a post-secondary institution, such as a college or university, double-check that it is included on the list.

You’ll be awarded a study permit for the period of the courses if you need to take them before being accepted into your programme (conditional acceptance). Once you’ve been accepted into your desired programme at a college or university, you’ll need to apply to extend your study visa.

Concerning your study permit

As an international student with a study permit, you must comply with the following requirements:

  • Always enrol at a recognised educational institution.
  • Make progress toward completing your course of study.
  • Please adhere to the terms of your study permission.
  • If you no longer meet the requirements, you should stop studying.
  • When your permit expires, you must leave Canada.

Submit an application for a study permit

You can apply for a study permit in one of two ways: online or at a visa application centre in your country. As soon as you receive a letter of admission from a Canadian institution or university, we recommend that you apply for a study permit. Obtaining a study permit can take up to three months, depending on the nation where you apply.

Collection of biometrics

When applying for a guest visa, student permit, or work permit in Canada, you may be asked to provide your biometrics (fingerprints and photos). If you need to submit biometrics with your application, you must do it in person at the nearest Visa Application Centre (VAC).

Find out if your biometrics are required.

Do not send your study permit application by mail if you are required to provide biometrics. Please submit it at the VAC when your biometrics are collected.

What to do after submitting an application for a study permit

On the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website, you can check the progress of your study permit application. The data is updated on a daily basis. To begin, create an account on the website.

The processing centre may occasionally request more information. Get more information on the application procedure.

During and after your studies, you may apply for a work visa

If you are enrolled in a post-secondary programme in Canada and wish to work, you are permitted to do so. Without a work permit, international students with a study permit can work part-time (less than 20 hours per week).

You’ll need to apply for a work visa if you intend to work full-time or participate in a work placement while studying. A work visa can also be applied for by your spouse or common-law partner.

Need Consultation?

Top Rated By Customers and Immigration Firms With 100% Success Rate.